There is a lot of misinformation regarding the various attempts at recreating the iconic H.S. Anderson/Hohner MadCat. But with the plethora of versions, it’s easy to get the details wrong. Here’s what I consider to be the definitive list of re-issues, in chronological order:
- Late 1980s: The Prinz (Hohner)
- 1990s: The Prinz/TE Prinz (Hohner)
- 2008: The Artist (Hohner)
- 2008: The Artist Elite (Hohner)
- 2009: Moridaira 45 year anniversary Mad Cat (H.S. Anderson)
- 2012: Vintage MadCat Re-issue (H.S. Anderson) (Version 1)
- 2016 to present day: Vintage MadCat Re-issue (H.S. Anderson) (Version 2)
Each of these have notable differences, and vary in value. They are all available regularly on eBay and Reverb, as well as other selling sites like Gumtree.
I own a few of the Hohner tribute models, and will provide my own photos and details in these pages in due course.
One thought on “MadCat Re-issues”
anyway of dating a Madcat by serial number? I have what I think is an 80s one and number is C100302 and says The Prinz on headstock